I guess you got it by now, but true and true.

For three drives, one with OS and using two in RAID, you'd want to set one drive as master on IDE1, and the other drives would go one each into IDE3 and IDE4. Then tell your BIOS to boot from IDE, not SCSI (It calls RAID out as SCSI in the BIOS for some reason). Your other items - CD ROM and such would become Slave IDE1, Master IDE2, and Slave IDE2. You can't put any CDROM's on he RAID channels, only hard drives. I didn't realize you hadn't even seen the board yet.

So many options! I'll throw one more - you can plug one single drive into one RAID slot, and boot the PC. Tell the RAID BIOS (comes up on it's own screen after the computer POSTs) to configure that one drive as a single drive RAID 0. Then turn off the machine, unplug that first drive, plug your second hard drive into the other RAID slot, and reboot. Do the same - tell it the second drive by itself is a single RAID device. Turn off the PC again and now plug in both drives into their RAID slots. Now when you boot again it will see both drives, and run them completely seperately. The PC will read and think that you have two RAID arrays. But in reality it's just two hard drives, no RAID going on at all. Make any sense?