Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#103053 - 05/07/2002 07:51 WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled.
Bagpuss

Loc: UK
My Empeg mounting sled has just come down with a bad case of stolen

I've spoken to David in support, and he thinks he will be able to sell me a new one, but I can't really afford 80 quid at the moment (new baby and new house, mean I'm pretty skint).

If anyone has a spare one that they want to sell, please contact me via e-mail to discuss a price.

e-mail me at: bagpussatpoboxdotcom

Thanks,

Andy.

#103054 - 05/07/2002 08:05 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: Bagpuss]
lockuplever
enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Somebody stole your sled, without a player in it?

#103055 - 05/07/2002 08:09 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: lockuplever]
Bagpuss

They certainly did.

I don't think they were after the Empeg sled, but my install consisted of the Empeg, and a Kenwood MASK unit underneath (double DIN dash).

They stole the Kendwood unit, and took the Empeg sled for good measure

#103056 - 05/07/2002 09:31 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: Bagpuss]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Removable faceplates (or variations thereof such as "mask" units) are totally useless. You're proof of that. They knew there was a stereo there to steal, so they stole it.

Not to trivialize your loss, of course. I am very sorry you got ripped off. It's happened to me twice now, so I know exactly how you feel. It completely sucks when that happens.

#103057 - 05/07/2002 09:50 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: tfabris]
Bagpuss

You are absolutely right Tony. The real problem is a lack of any alternative in the current market. In my second car, I've still got an old Alpine complete pull-out unit. I just wish manufacturers would still make them.

Sure, I can claim on the Kenwood insurance, as I still have the face plate to the MASK unit, but that doesn't make up for the damage caused to the car, or the lack of the Empeg sled.

#103058 - 05/07/2002 14:08 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: Bagpuss]
mrfixit
enthusiast

I think if I saw somone stealing a car stereo even if it wasn't mine I would have to beat them until they stop moving... that kinda thing really makes me mad.
mk2a 40gig blue no illumination....yet
hijacked

#103059 - 05/07/2002 16:25 Re: WTB: Empeg Mk2/2a car mounting sled. [Re: mrfixit]
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
I can relate to that but somehow I doubt the Police would

6 years ago, after 4 'screwdrivered' door locks in 12 months I (finally) heard my car alarm sounding from the public car park behind my house one night at about 12 o'clock.
I leapt out of bed, ran downstairs, grabbed a rolling pin and a 9" vegetable knife from the kitchen. Half naked (not a pretty sight) I ran down the High Street and back up around to the car park with the knife in one hand and the rolling pin in the other.
There were 4 young teenagers hanging-out by the car park who scarpered immediately at the sight of this red-haired, 'tooled up' wannabe Rambo on steroids running toward them. I ran past the fleeing teenagers to check my car - no damage, nothing, not a scratch - oops!
At this point I became human again. That is to say, the normally responsible, rational, calm and sensible person I usually am but with one small problem - I am left in a public car park late at night wearing nothing but a pair of underpants, a rolling pin and 9" kitchen knife! Perhaps it was just a mild case of schizophrenia but in any case we are fine now.
Fortunately for me, I made it back home via disused land and other people's gardens and managed to avoid the High Street.

Looking back it reminds me of the Mr. Bean sketches at the time but in reality I could have got myself into a whole load of [censored], I would never have used the knife but the rolling pin - I just don't know?.