Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#103877 - 09/07/2002 02:41 A simple but good trick
dda
stranger

Loc: Belgium
A simple but good trick to add in the Good Trick Topic of the "Software and player operation questions" section of the FAQ is :
When having songs of an artist featuring other artists, don't put the Featuring XXX in your Artist field but put it instead in the Title field (Instead of Artist: Jennifer Lopez Feat. Ja Rule, Title:I'm Real, put Artist: Jennifer Lopez, Title: I'm real (Feat. Ja Rule) ).
If you don't do this, a Search on Artist on the player will never let you select all the songs of this artist.

Simple, perhaps even stupid but not always obvious when starting with the player, but very efficient for sure ;-)
Yup,
DDA

#103878 - 09/07/2002 06:41 Re: A simple but good trick [Re: dda]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah I've been doing this and it seems to work well. What would be better is the concept of having multiple artists per song, as was discussed a while back on the BBS. ID3v2 supports this, and the empeg guys had at least talked about the possibility implementing it in the future. So in your case, "I'm Real" would have both J Lo and Ja Rule as artists, so it'd come up in searches on both of those artists.

#103879 - 09/07/2002 07:22 Re: A simple but good trick [Re: tonyc]
BryanR

Loc: Berkshire, UK
I'd certainly find multiple artists useful, especially for "Duets"-type albums. I've got a lot of songs where the artist is filled out as "So-and-so & Someone Else", and it would be far better to be able to find them by either artist.

There seem to have been quite a few of these come out over the last 5 years..

Bry.

#103880 - 09/07/2002 08:58 Re: A simple but good trick [Re: BryanR]
revlmwest
addict

Loc: Hartsville, South Carolina for...
I've found it particularly annoying on my B.B. KIng Eric Clapton stuff. grr.

#103881 - 09/07/2002 09:16 Re: A simple but good trick [Re: revlmwest]
BryanR

Loc: Berkshire, UK
I thing the ones that have bugged me most are Jools Holland's latest ("Small World, Big Band"), Tom Jones' "Reload" and the B.B. King "Deuces Wild" albums. I do like to see who the co-artists are, not just the primary, but it does make it very messy in lists of artists.

Bry.