Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#107616 - 27/07/2002 07:51 Incorrect times played, last played, & marked
Jamester
new poster

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Yesterday I upgraded to beta 13 and the corresponding emplode. I also decided to do a major tag cleanup on my PC. After the cleanup I deleted everything on the empeg using emplode. I synced twice to make sure nothing was on it. I checked all the soup views to make sure there was nothing left of my mp3s.

I then proceeded to add my newly tagged library. This morning I woke up to very odd statistics (attached). I am very sure that these songs have not been played as often as listed. Also there are songs that I know I've played more than 20 times that are showing as 0. Either way, I was expecting all the songs to have peen played 0 times since I started fresh. The last played and marked fields are not a concern for me because I'm not taking advantage of these fields yet.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is there a solution to this?

Either way, I'm not upset. This is the greatest music playing device every created. Thank you to everyone that was a part of developing it.

James

Attachments
106174-emplode.JPG (38 downloads)

#107617 - 27/07/2002 08:09 Re: Incorrect times played, last played, & marked [Re: Jamester]
tman
carpal tunnel

The last played, times played and marked statistics aren't stored in the tags. They're all stored in a special partition on the HD. It's referenced by the FID so when you put backall your music, the FIDs were all changed around.

- Trevor

#107618 - 27/07/2002 08:52 Re: Incorrect times played, last played, & marked [Re: tman]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
It's curious that play counts are reset but some of them have marked flagged... I suppose this is that bug in Emplode where dynamic data for nodes is node reset when a tune is deleted maybe?

I would be interested to see if any of your tunes "adopted" the play count of other tunes -- maybe do an advanced search where playcount > 0 (or is that play_count? I never remember)

ms

#107619 - 27/07/2002 08:58 Re: Incorrect times played, last played, & marked [Re: Jamester]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, this one is on the internal bug list. Newly added songs re-use old FIDs, and because of a bug, they inherit the statistics of the last song to carry that FID.

All of the statistics are from the scratch partition, and they are all from the old FIDs, and since you did a complete re-do without erasing the scratch partition, they're all changed around.

One way to avoid this is to run the builder image on your player and reinstall beta 13. The builder image will completely reformat the hard disks, including the scratch partition, and allow you to re-add your collection fresh, with all zero values for all of the statistics. If you want to go to that much trouble.

If I recall correctly, I think Mike Schrag is working on a way to get Jemplode to edit those values, although I don't know if that's in the current version yet.

#107620 - 27/07/2002 17:20 Re: Incorrect times played, last played, & marked [Re: tfabris]
Jamester
new poster

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Thank you. It was a bit of a pain to format but worth it. Now I can take advantage of shuffle by most played with realistic results.

James