Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#112314 - 21/08/2002 12:21 Checking Media
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Does anyone know exactly what goes on in the ``Checking Media'' phase of connecting with emplode?

I'm trying to get this RAID stuff to work, and I've got a mounted RAID set, but, for whatever reason, it fails the ``Checking Media'' step, and will never connect. It's the same over USB, Serial, and Ethernet.

Does the player usually recieve a restart code (``Restart code received'' from the serial console) at this point, after fscks have been performed?

Is it possible that it's actually failing the next step and emplode is misreporting it?

I know this has all been brought up before, but I obviously don't have the recourse to just reinit the player to solve it.

#112315 - 21/08/2002 15:02 Re: Checking Media [Re: wfaulk]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Can someone in the know confirm or deny that it might be failing because it wants the hdc4 fsck to work because it sees that /proc/ide/hdb exists?

#112316 - 21/08/2002 20:11 Re: Checking Media [Re: wfaulk]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Well, it turns out that it wasn't the fsck that was the problem. It was that it was failing to mount the filesystem even though it thought it had an hdc available. I fixed this temporarily by pointing /dev/hdc4 to /dev/hdc5 and it started working.