Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#115089 - 06/09/2002 15:25 empacman release 1
kirkis
new poster

Well folks I know its been a long time coming, but I've finally got around to releasing empacman complete with source.

Initially I had plans to make some improvements based on some of your great suggestions, but life got in the way and I had no time to spare. So, instead of making any major changes, I left it mostly as is and cleaned up the source so that it's fit for public consumption. I got the impression from the beta release that there wasn't much that you didn't like with it in the first place.

So anyone out there who's dying to tweak their own custom copy of empacman, or who wants to add some killer improvements to share with us, now is your chance. I also hope that the source code can inspire other budding programmers out there to make their own projects.

When I have some more time I will consider adding the features I was planning, but I'd be more than happy to see other people contributing their own improvements rather than waiting for me to get my act together.

Grab it from here:

http://empeg-vfdlib.sourceforge.net

Later,

Richard
--

#115090 - 07/09/2002 12:53 Re: empacman release 1 [Re: kirkis]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
SWEET!!!!!!

#115091 - 08/09/2002 17:01 Re: empacman release 1 [Re: kirkis]
durden
journeyman

Loc: Texas
Looks good..

The only thing I would like to see added to empacman is the ability to work with launcher.. *hint* *hint*

But maybe now some enterprising young programmer will take up that challenge!

#115092 - 09/09/2002 20:08 Re: empacman release 1 [Re: durden]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
forgive my undying ignorance but...um...how do i get it on the player to play it? i can feel the eggshells already

#115093 - 10/09/2002 08:47 Re: empacman release 1 [Re: jets]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Do a search of this board for the original empackman thread. Most of the info you will need is in that thread, the rest is in the FAQ area of riocar.org. I had no clue either when the first release came out and was able to pull it together from info in the original thread.