Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1154 - 07/01/2000 10:28 What has your empeg done for you?
gui

Earlier this week a BT engineer come round to fit ISDN in my new house and I discovered an important but none the less secondary fuction of my empeg car.

Seeing it on the table as he walked in he leaned over and inquired 'Is that an in-car mp3 player? I read about it in Linux world!'

Whilst he worked, there followed a detailed discussion on the player, empeg themselves and mp3 in general. The end result of this was him doing extra work for me which he had no obligation to even think about and about five minutes with my empeg. If he's reading this now - then thank you again!

So on to the big question - has anyone been able to secure goods or services over and above the call of duty for a glimpse into the future?

Phil

Why did we have to wait until Mk IV ;-)

#1155 - 07/01/2000 10:35 Re: What has your empeg done for you? [Re: gui]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

Great story. If I thought that my Empeg Car would get me an ISDN line, I would have gotten on the waiting list a lot sooner. I got dragged through the bowels of hell itself trying to get an ISDN line. Still don't have one. Pacific Bell is permanently on my shit list.

I'm waiting for the day that the Empeg Car gets me out of a traffic ticket:

"Do you know how fast you were g... Hey, what's that?!"

#1156 - 09/01/2000 07:39 Re: What has your empeg done for you? [Re: tfabris]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
Hi all! I don't post very regularly, but I read everything just about every other day. Awesome board, great support from everyone, and what a product!!! Moving on...

I just recently got a DSL line installed when I had been under the impression that there was no hope for fast internet access anytime soon. Why was I under that impression? Because I called Ma Bell (Bell Atlantic, here in NJ) and they said that DSL wasn't yet available in my area (?!). Well, I took them at their word and gave up on having fast internet access. A few months later, in an issue of Maximum PC (do I need a copyright thingy here?), they had an in-depth article on high speed access. To make a long story short, they said that just because Ma Bell doesn't offer high speed access to your house, doesn't mean that you can't get it (!). Well, I did what they said, went to www.dslreports.com and put in all my information. Lo-and-behold... I could get DSL access!!! I think they were still having trouble with Covad's requests through dslreports, so I had to go to Covad's site to check them out. Glad I did, since that's who I signed up with. I'm now cruising along at 768k/384k (down/upstream). Yippee!!!

I know this is off topic, but I just didn't want anyone else to be thinking what I originally did and miss out on the joys of surfing the net at high speed when they could be. FYI, I live in New Jersey and my DSL provider is actually in California, so don't go thinking that everything needs to be local!!! If anyone wants more information on this subject, let me know. I'd be happy to tell of my experience and give tips where I can. In return, all I ask is that you send me your Empeg... ;-) Kidding!!! (Well, sorta... I sure wouldn't refuse one, though!)

George

#1157 - 09/01/2000 10:03 Re: What has your empeg done for you? [Re: gui]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
1.) I have gotten out of a traffic ticket with it.
2.) I got a good price on speakers when i showed it at the car shop because the guy there had hearrd about it and I was eager to show it off.
3.) I gotten lucky with a girl because of it..
4.) I had a job in anoother state , and the tech guy there was acting aloof and making my job kinda hard by not rresponding to my requests. Till we bonded after i showed him my EMPEG. He went nuts that i actually had one...

I love my EMPEG!

Empeg Kicks Ass
S/N 00203
http://www.iretro.com