Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#117774 - 24/09/2002 06:14 Partially Lost Songs
Tregony
new poster

Hi - Can anyone help!! Using empeg car Version 2.00-beta13. After synchronising, some of the tracks on the player are not appearing under the playlists but still appear under the 'all tracks' and 'all artists' listings. The songs can be accessed through the database via the 'all tracks' etc route but if I random play all songs on the player it does not pick them up. In other words I have 1800 songs on the player but random play will only pick up 1400.

I need to get these missing songs back on to their original playlists. I can obviously copy them but will this be duplicating as the files are still there!?!

My head hurts. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

#117775 - 24/09/2002 06:34 Re: Partially Lost Songs [Re: Tregony]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Do an advanced search for "refs=0". This will display those tracks that are not in any playlist. You can then drag them into whichever playlist you want.

#117776 - 24/09/2002 08:48 Re: Partially Lost Songs [Re: Tregony]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I need to get these missing songs back on to their original playlists.

Correct. When you press "down down down" on the player's front panel, you are playing all playlists, not all tracks. If a song is not in a playlist, it will not show up in that shuffle.

A discussion of the difference between the playlists and the soup is here.

Another solution would be to use JEmplode to create "soup playlists". It's a new feature in JEmplode. Recent beta versions allow you to automatically create playlists based on the soup.

I can obviously copy them but will this be duplicating as the files are still there!?!

Depends on how you do it. Please click here for the details.