Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#120592 - 13/10/2002 16:13 question for patching the rio thru Alpine AInet
tkmak
new poster

Loc: bay area, ca
I am planning to patch the rca outputs from the empeg mkii thru my exising alpine head unit and cd changer. I purchased the kca-801b aux input, but it states that max input is 850mV and the rio has high 4v outputs...

anybody work around this problem???

I was considering using the 1v outputs from the rio unit itself (not the sled) but was not sure if they are functional when it is docked in the sled....

much abliged to all who can help

tkmak

#120593 - 13/10/2002 16:18 Re: question for patching the rio thru Alpine AInet [Re: tkmak]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Do not attempt to use the home outputs when sled docked, they are not designed for dockable insertion and removal, at least not easily. They are directly soldered to the main PCB and the traced are thin and could break if repeatedly stressed.

Regarding 4v vs 1v, please see this FAQ entry, and while you're at it, skim through the rest of the FAQ, too.

#120594 - 13/10/2002 18:37 Re: question for patching the rio thru Alpine AInet [Re: tkmak]
DeadFire
addict

I'm planning to do the same thing you're doing once I've picked my new Alpine head unit. Currently, though, the CD receiver I have has a 1/8" stereo plug for AUX IN on the front of it. I am using the cable that came with a now lost portable CD player to connect the empeg's front channels. The AUX IN on this thing is only 300mV, and it sounds fine. You may want to fiddle with the volume in order to not have huge jumps in sound level when you switch sources, but who would want to switch away from the empeg anyway?