Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12109 - 27/07/2000 07:12 Could this be Rob?
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
(Rob... If I'm right about this, you may initially feel like striking my name off the empeg lists, but that would be horribly cruel and you would undoubtedly regret it in the future, so don't get too mad )

I was looking at Hugo's MP3Mobile site and followed a link to Patrick Arnold's site, and while I was there, I read a bit about the simulator system he was working on, with the name of one 'Rob Voisey' mentioned as helping out. I think I saw a picture of Patrick on the original empeg site, so I was wondering (as I duck out and avoid the potential beating I may so richly deserve) if this is Rob?

(If not, who is it? That thing looks like fun! Does it still exist, and if it does, does it have an empeg fitted now? )

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#12110 - 27/07/2000 07:46 Re: Could this be Rob? [Re: Geoff]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Nah, that's Dan Wilson, who designed the Sound Sphere (steerable sound system) for the simulator. I left that company a long time ago, and Patrick left about a year after me. Dan is still there, and they're still working on it!

Before the simulator we designed Chromaburst, a very sexy lasertag game - Hugo wrote the gun code, I wrote the desktop and network code, and Patrick designed the hardware. When I left I took the concept with me and Q2000 (the latest version of QZar) was born.

Maybe I should write some of this stuff up for the geek site!

Rob

PS. Photos of everyone at empeg will be featured on the geek site, you lucky people!

#12111 - 27/07/2000 08:00 Re: Could this be Rob? [Re: rob]
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
In reply to:

Before the simulator we designed Chromaburst, a very sexy lasertag game - Hugo wrote the gun code, I wrote the desktop and network code, and Patrick designed the hardware. When I left I took the concept with me and Q2000 (the latest version of QZar) was born.

Maybe I should write some of this stuff up for the geek site!

Without a doubt... us geeks will want to know all this sort of stuff, kind of a 'family tree' of the empeg

In reply to:

PS. Photos of everyone at empeg will be featured on the geek site, you lucky people!

Suddenly I feel inexplicably scared... that almost sounded like a threat

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...

Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB