Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#122619 - 23/10/2002 15:36 Shuffle Tweak Nuisance...
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Okay, I thought this was an isolated incident but it's really getting on my nerves now. Here is a few lines of my config.ini:

[ir_translate]
PopUp0=Detail,KnobSeek,Mark,Repeat,Shuffle,Sound,Time,VolAdj,PopUp1
PopUp1=Artist,Album,Genre,Year,Popup0

Now, from time to time I will navigate to the tweak "buttons" in the PopUp1 and select "artist" so it can find another tune by the artist currently being played back. As you know it should display a "matching artist/album found" message and just insert this found tune to play back after the current one. So I select it and it just jumps to some other random song (with no message) right at that moment but the current shuffle is not just thrown out. I was in shuffle mode (all playlists) and I made note of the next ten songs in my current shuffle. I pressed the artist button and it worked ok the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd times and then it happened - it jumped to some unrelated song but the rest of the playlist was still the same.

I haven't deliberatley tested it in an unshuffled playlist but if my memory serves correctly, it has happened in that instance as well.

Also, I can't recall this happening while using the remote control for this.

#122620 - 23/10/2002 15:46 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: jets]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is it possible that it's somehow, accidentally, doing a long-press on the tweak IR code (perhaps because of CPU loading or hard disk spinup at that moment, pausing input between buttondown and buttonup), therefore performing a "Hate Artist" tweak?

#122621 - 23/10/2002 16:00 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: tfabris]
jets
enthusiast

Hmm...I dunno. I can tell you this: The song that was playing was music by madonna. I pressed the artist button in the popup1 menu and thats when it went haywire. Later this evening while still in the same shuffle, another madonna tune came up to bat so I doubt that could be the case. I say this because I'm not familliar with the hate function and don't know EXACTLY what it does...

#122622 - 23/10/2002 16:14 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: jets]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I pressed the artist button in the popup1 menu and thats when it went haywire. Later this evening while still in the same shuffle, another madonna tune came up to bat so I doubt that could be the case.

Assuming that Madonna was spelled correctly in both cases, then that's not it.

say this because I'm not familliar with the hate function and don't know EXACTLY what it does...

It does pretty much what you'd expect it to do.

#122623 - 23/10/2002 17:02 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: tfabris]
jets
enthusiast

Yep there are both spelled the same.

#122624 - 06/11/2002 19:32 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: jets]
jets
enthusiast

Yyyyep, still gettin on my nerves /*shrugs*

#122625 - 20/12/2002 07:52 Re: Shuffle Tweak Nuisance... [Re: jets]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
I'm with Tony. Most likely held the knob "in" too long, or something similar happened to delay the "release" code.. turning the short-press into a longpress, and causing the "hate artitist" code to be issued.

I'd suggest ignoring it and enjoying XMAS instead. But if you're obsessed, then try reproducing it with a few HUNDRED attempts on the remote control. AFTER trying that, you could turn on ir_debug in config.ini (a Hijack option) and try to get it to happen again while capturing output from the serial port.

-ml