Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12733 - 02/08/2000 13:01 Rjlov volume adjustment kernel for Mark2
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I just finished compiling a kernel for the Mark2 running beta 12c that incorporates rjlov's volume adjustment patch. If anyone wants to try it out is is at the bottom of my page here. I express no warranties or guarantees that it will work for you, but it works for me.

-Finally received my Mark2 no thanks to customs.

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-

#12734 - 02/08/2000 13:24 Re: Rjlov volume adjustment kernel for Mark2 [Re: bmihulka]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Cool!

Just as a warning, though... Richard's stuff lives in audio_write, and that's the stuff that's been giving us the skipping problems and what Mike is working on for 12d. So when Mike's new version of the kernel with the audio_write changes is released, there will need to be a new version of the voladj kernel that incorporates those changes, too.

Richard actually wrote me yesterday and told me he was holding off on releasing a 12c kernel because he knew they were working on 12d and there'd be changes soon. He didn't want to confuse the issue, especially when his code alterations are to the very routine in question.