Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12872 - 03/08/2000 21:05 sync problem
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
Hi, I think someone already reported this but I'm still getting it. I have a mark I with RC1 installed (consumer) 4gb. I've been making entirely new playlists and doing large syncs. It seems that when I do a sync over 500 megs The player freezes and I have to pull the power and emplode gives a sync failed on stage 10 error message. The strange thing is that after I reboot the empeg all the data is transfered and the playlists are correct.

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a

#12873 - 04/08/2000 01:28 Re: sync problem [Re: Liufeng]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Stage 10 is part of downloading state from the player after synchronisation is complete (it's basically the same thing it does when emplode starts). There are no data integrity problems with failures during stage 10.

Do you know what the error message was? Mind you, based on your description I can guess that it was ffffff92.

I'm more worried about the player freezing. What does it show on the screen? How long have you left it?

btw. Thanks to Roger the newer versions of emplode have a text box that contains the error on the synchronisation dialog box which means you can copy and paste the error into an email or whatever.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#12874 - 04/08/2000 04:30 Re: sync problem [Re: mac]
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
During most of the sync the player displays the floating "syncronizing" dialog. But when it fails the dialog freezes in place. Nothing else is displayed and no buttons or remote keys do anything until I pull the power and reboot.

Another minor glitch: I think this was reported a while back as well but I'm still noticing it. When you pause on one of the textual visuals, then before you play again, switch info off. Now play and switch to the now and next visual. The pause indicater will remain until you pause and play once more. I have trouble duplicating this sometimes.. but I've seen it a lot lately. Again, not really a problem or a bother. Empeg is the best and you guys are really kicking ass in the bug swatting department. (grin)

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a