Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#128804 - 02/12/2002 12:36 jemplode Wish List
errol
journeyman

Here is a list of things I would like to see in a future version of jemplode:

1. In-place editing: I would like to be able to left-click once on an item in any column currently being displayed and be able to directly edit the text there, without having to bring up the properties dialogue box.

2. Casefix field: I would like to be able to right-click on a field, whether in the item's properties dialogue or the main table view, and be able to select "casefix this field". This item would autocapitalize individual words according to some predetermined (user definable) rules. i.e. small words do not get capitalized unless they are the first word in the string, or unless they follow certain punctuation, etc.

3. Multiple-selection actions: Expanding on the above two items, I would like to be able to select multiple fields from multiple items and be able to perform an action on all the selected items at once. For example, in the main table view (whatever it is called), I would like to be able to select the title field of multiple tracks (holding down the control key), then be able to right-click and case fix the titles of all the selected tracks at once. Other actions that could be performed could be: uppercase/lowercase/capitalize (a la emplode), delete, cut/copy/paste. Another example would be to delete or add/change the comment field to multiple tracks all at once. Deleting the comment field of multiple tracks is currently a multi-step process.

Anyone else wish to comment or add their two bits?

#128805 - 02/12/2002 13:05 Re: jemplode Wish List [Re: errol]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone else wish to comment or add their two bits?

These all seem like good wishes to me. Might be tough to implement #3, but it would sure be nice.

For case-fixing, I think a good starting set of rules is summed up here. The rules are pretty comprehensive and my Perl script which executes these rules correctly capitalizes about 99% of my 6000+ song collection. Some of the rules sound pretty arcane, but when you execute all of these rules in sequence, they seem to "do the right thing."

#128806 - 03/12/2002 15:35 Re: jemplode Wish List [Re: errol]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
#1 shouldn't be a big deal
#2 isn't necessarily difficult, but that popup menu is already pretty cluttered -- i hate to add more to it ...
#3 this is probably going to be kind of tricky, but i'll take a look at it ...