Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12976 - 07/08/2000 04:28 UMTS support?
Tino
new poster

Loc: The Netherlands
I don't know is this is the right place to post this,
but i yust take a shot at it...

If i understand correctly, with UMTS you will be able to have a high speed wireless connection to your device, without being charged for a minute.
Can the Empeg support that kind of connection in the future?
In that way you could register an ip adres for your empeg and upload files to it through the Internet...

I'm yust dreaming a litle bit,
but i hope this could be a posibility.
I'm not aware of how UMTS works or that kind of stuff,
but i guess you guys here know more about it, to know if what i'm saying could be posilbe or not...

Tino
reg #8485

#12977 - 07/08/2000 05:35 Re: UMTS support? [Re: Tino]
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

If i understand correctly, with UMTS you will be able to have a high speed wireless connection to your device, without being charged for a minute.
Can the Empeg support that kind of connection in the future?
In that way you could register an ip adres for your empeg and upload files to it through the Internet...

I'm working on a UMTS project at the moment, we are developing a UMTS phone with lots of features, like RS232, USB, colour LCD etc. OEM's will be able to develop applications for it using it's open API. So, what about hooking up the empeg to your UMTS phone via either high-speed serial or USB? Thing is, UMTS will not hit the streets for another year or so, what stage will digital music be then (technology speaking)?

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#12978 - 07/08/2000 07:59 Re: UMTS support? [Re: Big John]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
In reply to:

I'm working on a UMTS project at the moment, we are developing a UMTS phone with lots of features, like RS232, USB, colour LCD etc. OEM's will be able to develop applications for it using it's open API. So, what about hooking up the empeg to your UMTS phone via either high-speed serial or USB? Thing is, UMTS will not hit the streets for another year or so, what stage will digital music be then (technology speaking)?

Couldn't do it over USB - it's one way...
-mark

...proud to have owned one of the first Mark I units