Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#130857 - 13/12/2002 22:23 Arrgh, Captain! Missing screws to sled connector.
digimark
new poster

Loc: Bowie MD
I have a Mk 1 (#257), and it was installed in my ML320 for the last 3 1/2 years.
Meanwhile I took advantage of the blow-out Empeg sale and bought two Mk 2
units, having one replace the Mark 1 (so I can use the ethernet) and the other
as a spare "just in case". It was only from reading messages here that I
considered opening the unused third one and testing it before it was out of
warranty.

I found it was missing the two screws that hold the big connector onto the
back of the unit. I swapped in the screws from the same connector on the
sled, long enough to test and make sure it was OK (It was...yeah.)

To get to the point, does anyone know where I can order the two screws that
hold the sled connector on? Thanks in advance. -Gary

#130858 - 13/12/2002 23:06 Re: Arrgh, Captain! Missing screws to sled connector. [Re: digimark]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I am sure if you contact support they will send them to you.

Matt

#130859 - 14/12/2002 03:08 Re: Arrgh, Captain! Missing screws to sled connect [Re: digimark]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
Unfortunately it seeems that the factory didn't tighten the screws on the docking connector well enough. Check the box and packaging thoroughly - they often fall out during shipping.

email me your postal address for replacements.

#130860 - 14/12/2002 03:27 Re: Arrgh, Captain! Missing screws to sled connector. [Re: digimark]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Just to add a bit more information, the screws on the docking connector are funky in that they aren't threaded all the way and stand off a bit. This is necessary to keep the docking connector attached yet loose so it slide in easily. Make sure to get the right screws.

This is also a great opportunity to remind everyone to check their docking connector screws and make sure they're tight and havn't worked loose. If you loose one or both, you're likely to get your empeg stuck in your dash with no recourse but to disasemble the whole dash, or yank with more force than I'm comfortable with.

Matthew

#130861 - 14/12/2002 22:53 Re: Arrgh, Captain! Missing screws to sled connector. [Re: matthew_k]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
And to clarify a bit what Matthew_K was saying, there is even a FAQ Entry you should probably refer to.