Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#131069 - 17/12/2002 03:12 Is this an official SB policy?
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
Just been reading that "Tivolutionary" [aka SonicRichard] has reappeared and is now working for SB doing something unspecified for them.
(Don't know who I'm talking about? then this thread is probably not of interest to you).

Big deal you say? Y
ou're probably right, but one comment he made today caught my eye:

In reply to:

(SonicRichard)

The most important thing for you to know is that I am here because Sonicblue has reversed a policy that prohibited employees from participating in online forums.

Now, I don't know if this policy exists only for ReplayTV division employees, but presumably SB has been aware of Hugo, Rob etc participating in these online forums over here?

I recall Hugo saying when SB bought Empeg Ltd that SB thought the Empeg BBS / community forums were a good idea - So is tivolutionary [oops I meant SonicRichard] behind the 8 ball here?

Or has SB's stance changed since then, and now has changed back?

I didn't ever notice a time when the Empeg guys weren't participating [thats when their work pressures allowed it of course].

Looks like SB has some plans for ReplayTV product and general company direction again - looks like CES next month will be interesting for many reasons...

#131070 - 17/12/2002 06:23 Re: Is this an official SB policy? [Re: number6]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
I've never been aware of such a policy and to be honest I would have ignored it anyway.

I do know that we're not allowed to contribute to financial forums for various legal reasons.

#131071 - 17/12/2002 12:15 Re: Is this an official SB policy? [Re: number6]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
That applied to ReplayTV, although I have been sensitive to posting about Rio in certain other forums. I have never felt that this has applied to car player forums.

The reason for the ReplayTV "posting ban" was that third party developers were coming up with applications which could be seen to add weight to the TV networks lawsuit against SB. It is important that SB are not seen to support these activities by participating in discussions or providing information.

I wasn't aware that this policy had been reversed, if indeed it has.

Rob

#131072 - 17/12/2002 12:41 Re: Is this an official SB policy? [Re: David]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
In reply to:

I've never been aware of such a policy and to be honest I would have ignored it anyway.

Wow, our support guy's a renegade.
Careful, David. We don't wanna lose you to someone that reeally dosn't care about all us Empeg owners.

Me.