Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#131265 - 17/12/2002 17:23 Honda Accord Steering Wheel Audio Control
BaBa
new poster

Loc: Ventura, CA USA
My 98 Honda Accord Coupe (V6 ExVL) has steering wheel audio controls and I would like to use them to control my empeg. I've read several posts concerning this topic but they're either too complicated for me to understand or they have no real answer.

I found a site that sells a product called Sony S2000 DCI which allows Honda's dash mounted interface to control Sony head units via the wired remote input jack. (Installation Guide)

Does anyone out there have any experience with this product?

As its name implies, this product is made for the Honda S2000. Will it work in my 98 Accord?

How hard would it be to get this to work?

Does anyone know of another hardwire solution?

I've seen the SWI-X from PAC but I'd really rather use the Sony wired remote interface if possible.

Thanks

#131266 - 17/12/2002 17:26 Re: Honda Accord Steering Wheel Audio Control [Re: BaBa]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've read several posts concerning this topic but they're either too complicated for me to understand or they have no real answer.

For a "base" understanding of how this sort of interface works, read this FAQ entry in case you haven't already.