Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#131543 - 18/12/2002 19:59 Humpty Dumpty
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
After reading various posts here about Aimee Mann (Tony Fabris operates her marketing dept, right? ) and also considering my excess of HMV vouchers I've got myself Lost In Space. It's a brilliant album and I'm grateful to this bbs et al for introducing me to her.

I have a few *newbie* questions though:
Where the heck have might I have heard Humpty Dumpty before? It's either one of those love-at-first-listen tracks or I've grown to like it elsewhere, I'm unsure. Have I heard it before in a movie soundtrack or something, it's puzzling me? I got a 2nd opinion from someone with a better memory than mine and she hadn't heard the track before so now I'm totally stumped and asking for help here, answers on a postcard please!

Secondly, AMG lists her as having Worked with Rush. I'm a long term fan of Rush albeit from a consumer (as opposed to a technical) perspective but I can't fathom where I've heard her on their material, help!

#131544 - 18/12/2002 21:50 Re: Humpty Dumpty [Re: AndrewT]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't have that particular album yet, I'm hoping I get it for Christmas. Good to hear a positive review.

She worked with Rush, doing vocals on the chorus of "Time Stand Still" from the album "Hold Your Fire".