Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#134561 - 12/01/2003 17:58 Crazy random switching between sources.
xanatos
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Today, I was driving down the road minding my own business when the empeg started to change the sources randomly. it didn't follow any particular order and went from tuner to radio to aux to radio to aux to tuner to aux to radio to tuner, etc etc. It was switching every .5 to 1 second, and playing something from each (besides the aux which has nothing on it).

The first thing I checked was the remote and it was not being pressed by anything, so I removed it's battery and it continued. I waited for it to stop and didn't. It took about 5 minutes before I pulled the empeg out and pushed it back in to start it back up and it hasn't continued yet.

I'm running 2.0b13 with Hijack 300. Unfortunately it was not possible to get any serial output since I was driving down the road and didn't have anything available to me to get that done. It was also not hot to the touch, and in the car was a nice cool 60 or 65 degrees. I haven't seen this ever happen in the year and a half I have had the empeg and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this occur.

#134562 - 12/01/2003 18:39 Re: Crazy random switching between sources. [Re: xanatos]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I get it occasionally. I just hit pause on the player, and that is usually enough to bring it into a sane state. At first, I thought it was wear on the ribbon cable connecting the display to the main board, but I no longer think that it is.

#134563 - 13/01/2003 11:56 Re: Crazy random switching between sources. [Re: xanatos]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I remember seeing a long thread on this topic elsewhere. Paul, was that yours? Anyone have a link?

#134564 - 13/01/2003 12:29 Re: Crazy random switching between sources. [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
There is this thread, but I do not think this is quite the case anymore. I am still seeing the occasional incident. To be honest, it happens so infrequently that I never tried to trace it.

#134565 - 13/01/2003 14:23 Re: Crazy random switching between sources. [Re: xanatos]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this occur.

Heppend to me one time -- but I know the reason, and you have already eliminated that as a possiblity. (The remote was on the passenger seat and I set something down on top of it.)

tanstaafl.