Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#13473 - 10/08/2000 13:44 Volume control
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
One thing I have noticed several times about the volume control is the use of the < > buttons and the knob to control the volume. This has been a slight problem when I adjust the volume with the knob and then immediatly go to change the song with the < > buttons. After the volume adjust window comes up the < > buttons can control the volume. I have to wait for the volume window to go away before I can change the song. On the mark 2 there really is no need for the < > buttons to control the volume because on both the faceplate and the remote there is specific controls for the volume and the forward/backward song. I think the < > buttons should just be reserved for stuff other than volume since the knob or the remote have seperate control of the volume.
I think this may have come around because of the volume adjustment of the mark 1 but it seems to get in the way on the mark 2.

Alex Lear

#13474 - 10/08/2000 14:26 Re: Volume control [Re: alear]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Argh! I made a similar complaint a few months ago, and everybody shot me down.

My complaint was in relation to the volume control on the remote rather than the knob, but it's the same behavior.

#13475 - 10/08/2000 15:38 Re: Volume control [Re: alear]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
when I adjust the volume with the knob (..) the < > buttons can control the volume. I have to wait for the volume window to go away before I can change the song

Agree. Looks like a left-over from beta 11 or so, when the < > buttons were duplicating the volume knob.

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6

#13476 - 12/08/2000 17:37 Re: Volume control [Re: alear]
hoagy

Loc: Silicon Valley
I agree. This has bitten me several times today (day 2 of ownership).

#13477 - 15/08/2000 11:56 Re: Volume control [Re: alear]
hoagy

Loc: Silicon Valley
One thing you can do is press the button part of the volume knob when you're done adjusting the volume. This will end that mode immediately.

But < > still need to not cause volume change.

-Hoagy.