Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#13713 - 12/08/2000 05:32 visual bugs
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
sorry if this is alreaady posted. i am pretty sure i remember posting this stuff last night, but i don't see it anywhere so here goes...

1. in the scrolling artist/song title visual that jumps to the beat, there seems to be a bug. the second, and all subsequent times, that an artist starting with "J" scrolls by, there is a small piece of garbage text directly in front of the "J". it is weird b/c it dosen't do it on the first scroll by, and it only seems to happen with J. not a big deal at all, just thought it was strange.

2. don't know if this is really a bug or not. when i turn the empeg back on, it always defaults to the track info screen, regardless of what visuals or info screen was on before it was shut off. not sure if this is by design, just seemed strange to me.

thanks,

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#13714 - 12/08/2000 09:02 Re: visual bugs [Re: jstrain]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
in the scrolling artist/song title visual that jumps to the beat, there seems to be a bug. the second, and all subsequent times, that an artist starting with "J" scrolls by, there is a small piece of garbage text directly in front of the "J".

This was an old bug I reported a long time ago, and I thought Toby had long since fixed it. At the time, it wasn't related to a specific letter of the alphabet. Are you sure it's only "J"s? Does it always happen with every J?

when i turn the empeg back on, it always defaults to the track info screen, regardless of what visuals or info screen was on before it was shut off.

This is by design. This only happens in the car, not when you're using the home power supply.

If your last screen was "Now and Next", it will default to that, but it won't default to a visual in the car. If it's on the info:track screen, you can switch it back to the full-screen visual by holding the bottom button on the faceplate. (Note, there's even a bug in that currently where you have to hold the bottom button twice sometimes.)

There was a whole long argument about this on the BBS when that feature appeared. Please don't start another thread about it- the wounds are still healing.

#13715 - 12/08/2000 09:12 Re: visual bugs [Re: tfabris]
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
Happends to me to on many letters, not just J.

Alex Lear