Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#14560 - 18/08/2000 14:27 New owner... maybe
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
Hello everyone... I've been lurking around here for a while checking things out. I just received my invitation email a few days ago and have been gathering info to prepare me for my inevitable purchase.

Sadly, I've committed a rather annoying mistake. While ordering my Empeg, I instinctively hit the back button on my browser before the transaction was complete (entered the incorrect payment option). I saw a brief flash of an invoice screen and then nothing. Now I cannot tell if the order went through, was canceled or if fifty Empegs are going to arrive COD on my doorstep.

Searching the site, I found no hint of a way to check order status and it's past business hours in the UK. Anyone here have any ideas if I'm screwed or not? Do you get an immediate confirmation email after ordering? Should I just try again and cancel any extra orders later?

Thanks, and I hope this is the most boneheaded question I ever ask here...

#14561 - 18/08/2000 14:51 Re: New owner... maybe [Re: bootsy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Best to avoid confusion and e-mail [email protected] directly. You can also call the number. It's 11:00pm there right now as I write this, there's a chance Rob's still there, he sometimes (**cough**) works late.

#14562 - 18/08/2000 18:04 Re: New owner... maybe [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
No, I actually finished at 7pm today

Although the sales system is (more or less) automated, every order is looked at by a human (currently me, soon to be a new sales clerk) so there's not much chance of something highly screwed up getting processed. The downside is you don't get your confirmation instantly (other than the one generated by the store) - but I think the human touch helps to avoid problems.

Rob

#14563 - 19/08/2000 13:32 Re: New owner... maybe [Re: rob]
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
Thank you for the quick response...

So let me get this straight. By saying "you don't get your confirmation instantly (other than the one generated by the store)" are you referring to the HTML confirmation that I obviously lost? Or does "the store" send an email confirming the order?

Either way, I'll send an email off to sales explaining my snafu.

Thanks again.

#14564 - 20/08/2000 14:47 Re: New owner... maybe [Re: bootsy]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
The store gives you an HTML confirmation right away. The order is then queued for a human to look at and approve, after which you are sent an email confirmation. As long as there are no problems with payment, the next thing you'll get from us is a shipping confirmation email which includes the parcel tracking number.

Rob