Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#15093 - 23/08/2000 12:34 Customs paperwork in transit
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Anyone know what this means?:

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?tracknumbers=8208+4172+4425&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us

"Customs paperwork in transit"

What's that? I'm concerned that it's stuck with customs...

This is my Alzheimer stricken player going back to empeg...

- Jon

#15094 - 23/08/2000 15:01 Re: Customs paperwork in transit [Re: jbauer]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
I'm guessing that it means they, once again, "lost" the paperwork that Empeg sends along with the unit in order for it to clear customs. Rob said they've had nothing but trouble with FedEx losing paperwork, regardless of how many copies (last number he mentioned was 5 copies, I think) they send along with the unit. So, FedEx (customs, actually... yes, you're right) is waiting for the guys@empeg to send the paperwork for customs. Rob's pretty good at getting that faxed to them the next day, though.

Good luck!

George

#15095 - 23/08/2000 15:13 Re: Customs paperwork in transit [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
No, this is an import. I think it's usual for that scan to stay up, right until the package is out for delivery. I'll chase it in the morning.

Regarding the other customs problems, I've got a senior sales manager coming to the office on Friday to discuss a solution. I think we know where the problem lies (Fritz - the FedEx customs agents) and how to prevent them from causing future delays.

By the way, we're going to start shipping a textiles declaration with each carry case now. It's not strictly needed, but dozens of packages have been delayed because of it. The amusing part is what we have to fill in:

Intended Style: Men, Ladies, Boys, Girls or Unisex
Arms: Short sleeve or Long sleeve
Neck: Polo, crew, V neck or Other
Hem Style: Seam or Ribbed
Fastening: Buttons, zipper, press studs or Other

I think we've decided that a carry case is unisex, ribbed seams, short sleeve, polo neck and zipper fastened

Rob

#15096 - 23/08/2000 17:27 Re: Customs paperwork in transit [Re: rob]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
I think you may run into trouble with the polo designation. I believe a polo neck requires buttons. Last time I looked, I didn't see any buttons. We don't want you guys getting sued for attempting to defraud customs of the duty you have to pay on those buttons! You know we can't get buttons here in the states, so they're a hot commodity.

George

#15097 - 24/08/2000 01:18 Re: Customs paperwork in transit [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Yay!

Placed on Van STANSTED GB

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?tracknumbers=8208+4172+4425&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us

- Jon