Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#157135 - 25/04/2003 04:31 OT: despair.com blackout sale
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings.

Appropriate timing...

despair.com, originator of the Demotivator series, is holding another one of their "blackout sales", where you can get good discounts on some of their products. But you need a login and password. Last time I posted the information and people seemed pleased with it, so I thought I would do so again. Here is the email I received from their mailing list... Enjoy (if that is the right word).

That's right. At precisely 12:01am CST, Monday April 28th, Despair.com will enter Blackout mode, closing our website to the outside world so that we can extend punishably massive discounts exclusively to members of "The Wailing List".

For 24 hours, Despair.com will become a password-protected website. Only those with the username and password will be able to see and order products from our online store.

username: RIP
    password: OFF

All Demotivator(R) Lithographs will sell for $9.95, instead of $15.95!

All Notecard packs* will sell for $11.95, instead of $16.95!

Yes, prices during this Blackout will be so low you'll cry aloud, "Just how overpriced IS this junk?!"

But WAIT! there's MORE!

Spend over $30 with us and you'll receive a special, 10-Card Sampler Pack, featuring some of our greatest and most popular Demotivators(R) notecards of all time. (Including: Mediocrity, Mistakes, Despair, Idiocy, Cluelessness, Dysfunction, Demotivation, Elitism, Meetings, and Indifference).

But WAIT WAIT! There's MORE MORE!

Spend over $50 with us and you'll also receive an almost-as-special, different 10-Card Sampler Pack, featuring some MORE of our greatest and most popular Demotivators(R) notecards of all time. (Including: Procrastination, Apathy, Burnout, Underachievement, Pretension, Insanity, Consulting, Sacrifice, Limitations, Motivation).

But WAIT WAIT WAIT! There's MORE MORE MORE!

(Oh wait, no sorry. That's it. Our mistake.)

See you Monday!

And if you want to bring a friend who ISN'T on the Wailing List, well, we can't really stop you. Yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

* Except for the 60 Card Super-Sampler, of course. But you know what's funny? Even if we DID sell at an utterly ridiculous 85% discount, we'd still make money.

Attachments
155189-blackoutwail2.jpg (93 downloads)

Edited by pgrzelak (25/04/2003 04:32)

#157136 - 25/04/2003 11:05 Re: OT: despair.com blackout sale [Re: pgrzelak]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
But won't you get... blacklisted for posting this secret information?

Ba-dum.

#157137 - 25/04/2003 11:43 Re: OT: despair.com blackout sale [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Somehow, I don't think so... They want people to spend money and visit their site...

#157138 - 25/04/2003 20:29 Re: OT: despair.com blackout sale [Re: pgrzelak]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
This line is great
* Except for the 60 Card Super-Sampler, of course. But you know what's funny? Even if we DID sell at an utterly ridiculous 85% discount, we'd still make money.

Matt