Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#162771 - 26/05/2003 14:04 WMD (of acoustic kind)
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Yesterday I saw a segment on DSF (a German satelite sports channel) about a car audio show called Car&Sound (the segment was a part of their excellent motorsport and car industry coverage - pitty it is mildly encrypted - that is, in German ). Besides the usual stuff (you know, those sculptures full of chrome, multicoloured lights and strange pulsing circular objects they claim to be top-notch car audio installations) the show featured topless ladies dancing and spreading cream over each other and similarly scantly clad gentlemen and, more to the topic of this board, SPL competition called 'dB Drag Racing'.

Now, the later featured an entry loosely based on 50' vintage Skoda. OK, the thing did have more or less stock wheels, but that's about all: the body was 8mm armor steel, with similarly treated tiny windows. While another entry, actually drivable Smart, managed meager 145dB, this armor-plated monster reached 177.7db. I don't remeber numbers Doug was quoting, but I was suitably impressed. Aren't the guys affraid of Rumsfeld?
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#162772 - 27/05/2003 05:53 Re: WMD (of acoustic kind) [Re: bonzi]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
There's a website for dB Drag Racing, a friend at work showed it to me. I can only hit 118dB peak on my install, but that's plenty loud for me...