Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#165239 - 11/06/2003 21:24 Lost playlist w. over 20,000 tracks.
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I've found two little bugs actually, both occured recently...

1) When I pull up the root playlist, it shows about 23,000 tracks. Then when I engage repeat and random, the track count doesn't change as it should. But, if I engage random and repeat on a smaller playlist and then pull up the root playlist, the actually number of tracks (20,500 or so) appear. I might be wrong here, but I didn't think that it mattered if random was turned on before or after a playlist was played...

2) (Clearly a little bug.) After playing that root playlist, the player shows the "No Playlist" message on next boot. Seems the playlist is just too large to store between power cycles..

#165240 - 12/06/2003 03:46 Re: Lost playlist w. over 20,000 tracks. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Hmm... Item 1 sounds like the de-duplication routine is not being run. Do you have it blocked on the root playlist? It might also be that the routine cannot work on a playlist that large.

As for item 2, well, I don't remember the exact point where the player software started having problems with playlist size, but I thought it was higher than that. You are likely correct, though, about it being the size of the playlist. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done with that one.

#165241 - 14/06/2003 10:10 Re: Lost playlist w. over 20,000 tracks. [Re: pgrzelak]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Yeah, I thought it was below the magic number too... does that mean that maybe I'm hitting a software limitation rather than a hardware one?

I'm going to pull HiJack off and see if it's a RAM issue when I get a chance (no serial on this machine.)

#165242 - 17/06/2003 09:38 Re: Lost playlist w. over 20,000 tracks. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
1) When I pull up the root playlist, it shows about 23,000 tracks. Then when I engage repeat and random, the track count doesn't change as it should. But, if I engage random and repeat on a smaller playlist and then pull up the root playlist, the actually number of tracks (20,500 or so) appear. I might be wrong here, but I didn't think that it mattered if random was turned on before or after a playlist was played...
Mmm, that's an odd one. It shouldn't make any odds when random is turned on, nor even how big the playlist is.

2) (Clearly a little bug.) After playing that root playlist, the player shows the "No Playlist" message on next boot. Seems the playlist is just too large to store between power cycles..
On this one you're well in excess of the current limitation; it'll hopefully be extended sometime in the 3.0 series.

Peter