Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#171835 - 22/07/2003 17:12 ir_translate error, and other config.ini wackiness
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Okay. Now that my Empeg's in my Mini, I found out that yeah, it's time I set up the ir_translate section. Most importantly, I want to be able to scroll BACK thru visulizations. So, I wanted to.. uh.. hijack the long press of the "Visual" button on the remote.
I opened up my config.ini, and added:

[ir_translate]
20DF15.L=PrevVisual

In theory, at least, as far as I can tell, this should work. It's the ONLY thing in the section, and that's what I understood the "Previous Visualk" button code to be. Note that I have used, in place of the "20DF15.L", "Visual.L" and "Visual+.L", with the same effect.)
On bootup, I get the Hijack (v338) error message, "ir_translate config error".

Also, I noticed that something (probably Emplode?) modified my section:

[serial]
car_rate=115200

to:

; ??? [serial]
car_rate=115200

So, first off, am I doing something dumb? (Okay, I mean, in regards to this..) And what is changing my 'serial' header?

Thanks!

#171836 - 28/07/2003 10:51 Re: ir_translate error, and other config.ini wacki [Re: foxtrot_xray]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Rather than the approach you have attempted first, instead perhaps try out the built-in "VisualSeek" function (virtual button, also an item on the default PopUp0 menu for short knob presses -- enable via hijack menu).

Cheers