Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#173888 - 05/08/2003 14:56 Tivo type functionallity on the Empeg?
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
I find myself wanting to pause live talk radio at times similar to the way I can pause TV with Tivo. Could the Empeg be capable of doing the same? After seeing previous threads where recording live radio was deemed impossible or beyond what the hardware of the player could handle, my guess is the answer would be NO, but I thought the ability to pause may be a bit different.

#173889 - 05/08/2003 15:01 Re: Tivo type functionallity on the Empeg? [Re: bodybag]
tman
carpal tunnel

The short answer is no.

The long answer is no as well but I'll explain why The main problem from what I remember is that you can't record the tuner output without also playing it at the same time.
Pausing would basically involve you recording everything to the HD (which isn't writable apart from the dynamic data partition so you'd need to hack together something for that as well) whilst you're paused. Once you resume then you have to continue recording since you're out of sync and also playback the stored stream at the same time.

#173890 - 05/08/2003 15:06 Re: Tivo type functionallity on the Empeg? [Re: tman]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Gotcha... that solves that. Thanks!