Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#179824 - 18/09/2003 04:14 OT : Outlook question
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Hi,

I have MS Outlook 2000 running on my machine.

I want to create rule which purges 'Sent Items' when I send mails to certain people (i.e. my friends) so that it doesn't fill up my mailbox. I do want to keep 'Sent Items' for other more important people (i.e. the ones that pay the bills)

Have tried this, and all i've managed to do, is get a copy sent to Deleted Items, which is pretty worthless becuase the message is still these in 'Sent Items'

Any ideas ?

#179825 - 19/09/2003 03:27 Re: OT : Outlook question [Re: LTJBukem]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Anyone ?

#179826 - 19/09/2003 08:22 Re: OT : Outlook question [Re: LTJBukem]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I believe I had a related problem. I was trying to set up a rule to move copies from the local sent items folder to the sent items folder on my IMAP server.

It wouldn't work and after some digging it turned out there was a bug in Outlook 2000 that broke rules in the sent items folder. I had to upgrade to the latest service release for Office and Outlook which fixed the problem.

I still have an annoying problem though, if for some reason my IMAP server is unavailable when the rule runs the sent item rule fails, but instead of just leaving the message in the local sent items folder, Outlook just bins the message (and no it doesn't put it into the delete items folder, it just throws it away).

Thankfully I don't have to use Outlook much, 99% of my mail is handled via Squirrel Mail.

#179827 - 19/09/2003 08:45 Re: OT : Outlook question [Re: LTJBukem]
Mach
old hand

Loc: Texas, USA
Could you turn off the option (Options>Email Options) "Save copies of messages in Sent Items Folder" then create a rule that copies mail to Sent Items except if mail is sent to a particular person?