Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#181717 - 27/09/2003 20:34 Summarize the past 4 months, please?
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Hey ya'll. I'm back to the board after many months of getting sucked into other online communities and dealing with family things, etc, etc, etc. Now, I find so many new things with this community.

Could anyone summarize the highlights from the past 4 or 5 months for me? Karma? New Lenses? 3.0alpha3? Anything other highlights, cool meets, nice installs, cool new software, etc, that I've missed? Thanks.

#181718 - 27/09/2003 22:50 Re: Summarize the past 4 months, please? [Re: FireFox31]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Could anyone summarize the highlights from the past 4 or 5 months for me?

Well, I got laid off in late April, but since I *knew* I was getting laid off, I got to sneak off to New Zealand and make like I was working. My boss never called (he knew he was getting laid off, too). In New Zealand, I got to meet Number6. Wouldn't you know? He is *not* a number! He is a human being!

In June I did some car rallies, did not get a job, and did not get *any* software updates for the Empeg.

In July I had to go to a wedding and I stopped in some nether lands along the way. I met Robs S and V and many other handled peoples from far and wide. Some farther, some wider. I got a CD in the nether lands that I carried through Ireland and then all the way home. When I got back to Seattle, I put the CD in my PC and my Empeg exploded. I think, in retrospect, that it must have been an early variant of Blaster.

In August employers refused to answer my many calls, so I drove to the East Coast after putting the pieces of my Empeg back together. I drove too fast, though, and on the 3rd day of my trip as I crossed the line into Massachusetts, my amplifire nearly burst into flames, so i had to perform an emergency ampendectomy in my parents' driveway.

I drove back to Seattle, but on the return trip I got smart and went north through Canada (where it is much cooler) and I drove slower, so I had no problems with my tunes bursting into flames on the return trip.

In Septyember, it seemed like no one wanted to hire me either, but then I got a 911 call from a place where they needed a systems guru like *yesterday* and now it feels like I am all hooked up.

Oh and then I hear the the peopel in Cambridge are putting out this late V3 alpha software. They say that it is just the coolest and that it is *guaranteed* to make your Empeg run like a well-oiled perpetual motion machine. I think I'm gonna check it out!

Zat help?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#181719 - 28/09/2003 00:28 Re: Summarize the past 4 months, please? [Re: FireFox31]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
> Could anyone summarize the highlights from the past 4 or 5 months for me?

Well let's see, Tony posted links to the FAQ after people asked stupid questions, Paul added some more HD space to his Empeg, Bitt corrected people's grammar, Mark released a new version of Hijack, d33zy annoyed people, and Patrick amazed everyone with his engineering skills.

I think that about covers it.

#181720 - 28/09/2003 04:13 Re: Summarize the past 4 months, please? [Re: FireFox31]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

Pretty much what they said.

Darkstorm I think is getting back on track with orders and Mach is also doing some nice lenses which have been highly praised.

The tuner kits are still being sent out - slowly but surley.

Some guy took his Empeg to bits to try and extend the ribbon on the dispay and ended up breaking it.

Tony doesn't like spiders.

...And Patrick has a spider somewhere in his house with a leg growing out of its back.

v3 Alpha is out.

Loren's nice shiny car got beat up by a truck.

We all have to get Justin to Africa www.getjustintoafrica.com

Thats all I can remember just now!