Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#182032 - 30/09/2003 01:55 USB Connecting Trouble
ryry
new poster

Situation:
My riocar was connected to my computer through a hub last year and worked perfectly. Then the computer sat in a storage unit all summer. Over the summer I was connecting to another computer through USB and I also upgraded from 2.00 beta13 to 2.00 commercial.

Problem:
When I first connected my riocar up to it again it always said new hardware found and asked if I want to search for a driver for the riocar. If I do it installs something (a driver I assume). When I would connect to the computer through USB it would usually recognize the player in the "open player database." If I tried to connect emplode to the riocar it worked maybe 50% of the time and usually had problems with initiallizing. If the riocar did connect to the emplode everything worked until I tried to syncronize and that never worked for me.

Then I remembered that I hadn’t upgraded the emplode software to 2.00 commercial so I did and it still “found new hardware and went through that deal again” but it then connected fine and I was able to synchronize and everything. The next time I tried connecting the Riocar up to my computer it didn’t find new hardware. And in the open player database my empeg came up but now when I click on it, it either makes the sound like it finished synchronizing but then tells me that emplode needs to quit or it says “there does not appear to be a plarey connected”

Ideas:
I was also thinking I might need whatever it was that was on the disk that came with my riocar but I must have lost since I have moved twice in the last year.
I had a friend who is fairly knowledgable (compared to me) with riocars fix my the "hijack config error" and maybe he did something that could have caused some problems.

Any ideas?

#182033 - 30/09/2003 12:10 Re: USB Connecting Trouble [Re: ryry]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There is a new USB driver for 2.0 final. Please read the release notes for 2.0 final very carefully and follow the instructions within. You must install the USB driver manually.

#182034 - 01/10/2003 16:18 Re: USB Connecting Trouble [Re: tfabris]
ryry
new poster

Thanks tfab. Works perfect. You the man.

#182035 - 02/10/2003 03:02 Re: USB Connecting Trouble [Re: ryry]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No prob, anytime.