Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#182757 - 03/10/2003 19:20 Head Spins around 30 or 40 times Help I am confuse
belezeebub
addict

Ok I'll try again
Karma, Rio, Ipod, Archos, Neo, the list goes on and on. I am looking for hard Fact from people that do own or have owned them.

Everytime I search the Boards I seem to find a New Mp3 player I have neaver heard of my head is swimming All of the players seem to have both people that love and people that hate them I need input.

My perfect one would plug into my head unit and have video or svideo out but I can't seem to find one of them. ( I would love to see a Empeg Remote Unit with video out but I can't afford to buy someone a new sports car to have one made)

Questions

Readability of Display ?
Crashes ?
pros and Cons
Useability of interface ??
Etc

P.S. No I can't buy back my Empeg I wish I could and I can't sell my car too many miles and I am upside-down nearly 4000 Dollars so untill middle of 2004 I am stuck

P.P.S.S. I drive a Tiny S-10 Blazer and I do mean Tiny. with my clothes, tools and parts into you need to step outside to change you mind. there is NO ROOM for a second DIn and No room in the glove box for any more then a sandwish and a soda

P.P.P.S.S.S 90% of the center console is the cd-changer and the brain for the head Unit.

______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#182758 - 08/10/2003 04:33 Re: Head Spins around 30 or 40 times Help I am confuse [Re: belezeebub]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

What about the older Neo that mounted in the boot and had a remote display/buttons?

#182759 - 08/10/2003 22:55 Re: Head Spins around 30 or 40 times Help I am confuse [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I may be shunned for saying this, but here is an option. I know you have mentioned you are going with Alpine for the GPS functionality you need, but have you looked at Kenwood. Here is what I propose for you (of course maybe that sports car would sound better):

KNA-DV2100 - GPS System
KVT-M700 - 7" Touchscreen and receiver.
Music Keg - 20GB for your MP3's

So a few months ago I asked Kenwood about the Nav system. It must be mounted horizontally, not vertically. So you put the touchscreen receiver in the dash, the nav system and keg in the trunk. It shouldn't take up too much of your precious space. All are controllable through the touchscreen. Total is about $4500 for all 3 though.

I still love my empeg though! Best of luck on what ever you choose to do!

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#182760 - 08/10/2003 23:28 Re: Head Spins around 30 or 40 times Help I am confuse [Re: Waterman981]
belezeebub
addict

I already purchased the Alpine system (Alpine does have a din sized 16G hard drive mp3 player but its not anywhere near as good as the Empeg heck it can't even wipe a Empegs Butt after Winning a Chili eating contest.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#182761 - 09/10/2003 03:17 Re: Head Spins around 30 or 40 times Help I am confuse [Re: belezeebub]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Now, there is a marketing quote that SonicBlue could have used...