Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#183898 - 09/10/2003 11:21 Rub the lamp
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
It be that time of year where it gets cold and shitty here and very long evenings

Since evenings are so long the lights go on early nd then i need to hunt through settings to get dimmer t bring the setting up after haveing it low for darkness the previous time.

What would be really nice would be if hijack could make the dimmer avalable with a knob push.

Even better if it is only avalable as a knob push when the lights are on

#183899 - 09/10/2003 11:29 Re: Rub the lamp [Re: thinfourth2]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
I made an ir_translate macro that does this in my car, since I keep my lights on all the time. You can find it in this thread. I use the volume buttons on the remote to do this, but it could be done with other buttons.

Alternately, you could make a Popup menu with a macro that would take you right to the dimmer menu and then you could use the knob to adjust the brightness.

#183900 - 10/10/2003 02:09 Re: Rub the lamp [Re: cushman]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
I could do that but i am running out of buttons

#183901 - 10/10/2003 02:28 Re: Rub the lamp [Re: thinfourth2]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
What would be really nice would be if hijack could make the dimmer avalable with a knob push.

The reason it's not on the knob push at the moment is because it's preferable for people to adjust it with the buttons. There is (was?) a hardware flaw on some mk2a's: turning the knob results in noise on the display connector, which corrupts the dimmer commands. This makes it hard to set the dimmer correctly by turning the knob.