Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#183941 - 09/10/2003 16:42 Playlist deleted
mvigneau

Loc: Manchester, NH
I accidentally deleted one of my playlists but did not delete the songs. I can access the songs by selecting them under the search function but cannot cue up more than one song at a time.

Is there a way to recreate the playlist? I want to add these songs back into the playlist.

#183942 - 09/10/2003 16:55 Re: Playlist deleted [Re: mvigneau]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Create the playlist again. Then drag the songs from one of the soup views into that playlist.

There's no undelete function if that's what you're asking for.

#183943 - 10/10/2003 08:16 Re: Playlist deleted [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Unless you haven't synced yet. In that case, you can revert (or whatever it's called in emplode) to whatever's still on your empeg, losing any changes you made in emplode since you last synced.

#183944 - 10/10/2003 14:56 Re: Playlist deleted [Re: wfaulk]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
In reply to:

Unless you haven't synced yet. In that case, you can revert (or whatever it's called in emplode) to whatever's still on your empeg, losing any changes you made in emplode since you last synced.

And the easiest way to do that is to simply close emplode without doing the "sync" command.

Another way to find the songs (if there was only one copy of them in all of your playlists) is to do an "Advanced Search" for "refs=0". This will show all of the songs on your player that are not in any playlists. You may find a few things in here that you thought you deleted but are still taking up space on your player.

Then, as Tony said, simply recreate that playlist.