Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#184667 - 15/10/2003 16:11 Need help- All files on my second drive are gone
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
As I said in my subject line, all of my songs and playlists on the second drive are gone; my primary drive files are intact. I've already found this in the FAQ, but it doesn't tell me what to do. It looks like something happened to my second hard drive during the sync. What I'm getting is a "Length of playlist is invalid" or something like that. Anyway, it seems to be seeing my second hard drive now because it says my capacity is 27.8 Gig and the free space is 10.4 gig. My question is, if I have access to the second drive and my files are still there, is there a way I can get the empeg to see them, or are they gone? I'm assuming something must be able to see them since it's reporting 10.4 GB free and my primary drive is only a 10 gig. I'm just not sure what the next step is. I don't want to resync and risk loosing my files all together.

Oh, and I'm using V 3A. I'd guess this is unrelated, but should I downgrade?

#184668 - 15/10/2003 16:16 Re: Need help- All files on my second drive are gone [Re: JeffS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
First, make sure to downgrade EMPLODE to version 2.0 final. Then try synching with it. If that doesn't work, try this.

But if the connection to the second disk drive is intermittent, the problem may persist. So please check all the possible things in the sub-linked FAQ entry on disk drive trouble.

#184669 - 15/10/2003 16:35 Re: Need help- All files on my second drive are gone [Re: tfabris]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Excellent. Thanks for the help. The resync worked and all my files are there (not in the correct places, but that I can deal with). I'll have to look into the hardware stuff, I don't want this scare ever again.

#184670 - 16/10/2003 21:17 Re: Need help- All files on my second drive are gone [Re: JeffS]
DBALKUNJR

I had this same problem. I had way to many misplaced files to try and move everything back to wher it belongs I just ran the Disk Builder and I am currently reloading all my tunes. The Directory structure on my PC is in great shape so it is just easier this way. I just didn't feel like sitting around moving files in Emplode for hours on end. At least now it will load all the songs correctly without any help from me(for the most part).

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb