Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#185463 - 20/10/2003 00:49 Discogs.com
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Just thought people should know about discogs.com, an ever-growing database of electronic music. I've been using it for a while now and while it's not complete, it certainly is definitive where it is (far better than the CDDB). The ability to look through an entire label or artist's releases, and build your own collection is invaluable - what I can remember so far of mine is here. As soon as I get the actual CDs out of storage I'll add all the gaps in my collection (probably about double the number of CDs there).

Is anyone else using it?

Have fun,

Paul

#185464 - 20/10/2003 02:26 Re: Discogs.com [Re: PaulWay]
simspos
enthusiast

Loc: Dudley, UK
Is anyone else using it?
Hi Paul, I found it about a week ago, absolutely invaluable for filling in the tags on those CDs not recognised by FreeDB (lots of UK hard house / techno / etc....).

As you said, their Cataloguing by "label" is superb. Highly recommended

Cheers, Sim

PS - Nice work on the mixes, I've downloaded a couple and now need to find time to give them the listening they deserve (only "dipped in" to get a "feel" at the moment, but sounds mighty fine so far).

#185465 - 20/10/2003 18:40 Re: Discogs.com [Re: simspos]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
PS - Nice work on the mixes, I've downloaded a couple and now need to find time to give them the listening they deserve (only "dipped in" to get a "feel" at the moment, but sounds mighty fine so far).

BTW, I've updated the main paulway.d0gz.net page with links to all the mixes there so far and with a preliminary track list for the Millenium 3 mix - based on listening to it at work, so I can't remember some of the track names. I should post more descriptions of the style of music in each mix in the mix description pages - I take it for granted that people recognise the tracks... .

BTW, does anyone want Ogg files?

Paul