Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#189560 - 14/11/2003 22:01 Serial output explaination needed
farmtech
journeyman

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me some clarification on what the serial output strings mean from the Empeg.
I wish to control the Empeg serially but at the same time I want to know what mode the Empeg is in "player" or "auxilliary", as well as reading the volume level. I get the following strings but need someone to make sense of them

serial_notify_thread.cpp: 160:@@M3
serial_notify_thread.cpp: 160:@@M2
serial_notify_thread.cpp: 136:@@V10

The first string is "aux" mode, the second is "player" mode, and the third is the volume output. I am wondering if someone can explain the string in detail, mainly what the 136, or 160 means as well as the M2, and M3. I just need to know what part of the string to focus on in order to monitor the Empeg.

I wish to make a remote volume indicator as well as a remote control system that switches my factory steering wheel controls between Empeg operation and auxilliary tuner operation.

Thanks for any help.
Nick

#189561 - 15/11/2003 08:04 Re: Serial output explaination needed [Re: farmtech]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Since no one's responded yet, I'll take a guess and say that you just need to pay attention to the stuff after @@. The number before it would appear to be a source code line number. I'd also assume that the M2 and M3 are ``mode 2'' and ``mode 3''. V10 seems self-explanatory.