Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#192358 - 08/12/2003 11:38 Any embedded programmers around?
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Well, apart from the folks at empeg Towers, that is.

I've got a controller that uses a home-brewed SBC (BASIC STAMP based) and some analog signal processing. I want to investigate the possibility of using a low(ish) cost SBC like one of the Rabbit core modules from Zworld (has the appropriate A/D & solenoid driver) with some more elegant (FFT) signal processing. Of course, finding developers is always a bit tricky! Does anybody here have some pointers or think they might be interested in the job?

The system is a closed loop position controller. The control mechanism is driven by a catchment that hits 1 of 4 cataches on a rotating mechanism. The motion of the entire system is measured by a yaw rate sensor (a MEMS sensor). The current setup uses a hunt & seek method to get the signal below a set level then indicates it's finished (or has timed out w/o solving) via LED's.

I figure a post here is worth a shot!

-Zeke

#192359 - 08/12/2003 12:47 Re: Any embedded programmers around? [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you're talking about paying work, I can put you in touch with a non-empeg-owning friend of mine who does embedded programming for a living. Let me know.

#192360 - 08/12/2003 13:08 Re: Any embedded programmers around? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
I am indeed talking about a paying gig. PM me.

-Zeke