Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19240 - 02/10/2000 12:26 Install in BMW 320d 4-door
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Okay, I am going to install my empeg in a BMW 320d (latest model i.e. 1999-2000)...

I would like some feedback from people who have been there. The DIN ISO replacement panel that has to replace the built-in factory radio panel can be easily purchased here so I think I have that covered.

Worrying a little more about the other things, the grounding issue which I am not totally clear about yet for one.

Should I have any problems with this :
- a Phoenix Outlaw 1613 Limited Edition for the rear speakers and the 2 huge Lanzar subwoofers.
- a Phoenix M25 amp for the front speakers.

I think both of them are triple darlington high definition amps (not sure for the outlaw though). At any rate should these be okay with the grounding issue ?

Any other problems I should worry about ? I remember from other BMW's (older models) that the dimmer/headlight line is a little geeky. Especially when you dim the dashboard display lights they seem to act odd.

Other issues ?

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#19241 - 02/10/2000 12:34 Re: Install in BMW 320d 4-door [Re: EngelenH]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There are no grounding issues with the Mark2, at least not any more than you'd get with any other aftermarket radio. Look in the FAQ section of this BBS for a document on the most common installation issues.