Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#192694 - 10/12/2003 00:59 Overseas..
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
No, sorry... not when IT will be released, but a question for folks in the US that will be taking theirs overseas..

I'm HOPING to get a 40, but in case I don't hear anything, I'll be getting a 20 mid-Feb. Now, end of Fed thru beginning of March, I'll be spending two weeks in Vietnam. It's advertised as having a 15 hour battery life..

The second leg of my flight alone is 16 hours. There goes THAT idea. So I WILL need to charge it over there. I don't suppose the stock charger would work overseas. If it does, would I have to bring the entire dock to charge it? If it DOESN'T, what other options do I have? I'd hate to use it all up on my trip over there, and then have to get stucklistening to the snores and muted conversation of the fols around me for 16 hours for the trip back. (Please.. PLEASE.. no..)

I, unfortuantely, won't be able to bring my Empeg with me. Aw.

Suggestions? (Other than, 'Don't Go'. )
Me.

#192695 - 10/12/2003 01:04 Re: Overseas.. [Re: foxtrot_xray]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
The stock charger says it works with 100 to 240 volts so I would think you would just need a plug adaptor. The karma has a jack to plug the charger into so you don't need the dock to charge it. They aren't kidding about the battery life I tested mine and it lasted about 15 hours with a little life left.

You could buy two karmas one for each way

Matt

#192696 - 10/12/2003 09:37 Re: Overseas.. [Re: msaeger]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
In reply to:

The stock charger says it works with 100 to 240 volts so I would think you would just need a plug adaptor. The karma has a jack to plug the charger into so you don't need the dock to charge it. They aren't kidding about the battery life I tested mine and it lasted about 15 hours with a little life left.

Ah, very cool. Many thanks! 15+ hours ain't bad at all on a single charge.. (I used to fly all over the place and never had this problem. Was trying to think 'Why?', when it hit me. My ONLY other portable player was a Rio PMP300. Which I still have. It uses AA batteries. )

Looing forward to the trip, and looking forward to having my music with.

Me.