Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#194668 - 24/12/2003 07:40 Problem installing RMM
DBALKUNJR

I just got my Nitrus. So I charge up the unit and go to install the software. I am running Win2k. So here is the problem. I go to install the software and it gets hung and I keep getting an error message saying
"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. this can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
I figured maybe there was a bug in the firmware or something so the first thing I did is go out and download V2.40 from Rio's website. Still get the same message. So I Figure maybe there really is a problem with the windows Installer, so I go to Microsoft and download -Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable for Windows NT 4.0 and 2000 and install it. Still same problem. I called Rio's Tech Support line and they were pretty much useless. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#194669 - 24/12/2003 08:49 Re: Problem installing RMM [Re: DBALKUNJR]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

It certainly sounds like your installer is hosed. At this point, I would assume that you cannot install/uninstall anything. There was a thread here a while back... Found it. Not completely Windows Installer, but it might help.

Edited by pgrzelak (24/12/2003 08:56)