Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#195215 - 29/12/2003 09:37 Enhancement idea for playlist navigation
chrispitude
new poster

Loc: Saylorsburg, PA
I have an idea that might make for a bit better of an end user experience. It would be nice when going into the Playlist menu tree, if each level remembered the last item selected at that level.

In other words, let's say I want to listen to some Rush albums in a particular order. I don't know about you, but it takes me awhile to scroll my full 60GB empeg to Rush each time I want to append an album to my playlist. It's even more fun while I'm driving. It would be nice if the menu would already be sitting at Rush when I got down to that level, because that's what I selected the last time.

Another motivation for this is that with so many artists, I get lazy with the menus, and find myself listening to a lot of ABBA, Alanis Morrisette, and ZZ Top.

Thoughts? Does the empeg do this already, and I don't know how? Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!

#195216 - 29/12/2003 09:49 Re: Enhancement idea for playlist navigation [Re: chrispitude]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
I think it does this...if you select Playlists from the on screen menue and then hold down the down key it will drill down to the last playlist selected. Then buy hitting the little round button it will then 'drill up'. Thus, if you have a playlist for rush, with each album separately listed, you can drill down as noted above, then drill up and it will let you select the album you want.

I have all of my songs in playlist by the first letter of the first name of the artist. Then I have each CD within each of these playlists...very very simple and effective system!

#195217 - 29/12/2003 11:38 Re: Enhancement idea for playlist navigation [Re: edsmiata]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
thanks. never knew this either. You've just revolutonised my life! It always annoyed me that it never went back to where you were....

Adrian

#195218 - 29/12/2003 12:35 Re: Enhancement idea for playlist navigation [Re: chrispitude]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
For reference, this item is in the FAQ, here, under "go back to last playlist menu".

#195219 - 02/01/2004 16:34 Re: Enhancement idea for playlist navigation [Re: tfabris]
chrispitude
new poster

Loc: Saylorsburg, PA
Tony, thanks for pointing me to the information. This makes my day.

However, I did search the FAQ for this. I clicked on "Empeg FAQ" at the top of the BBS page, and searched on "last item" and "last playlist." If I manually browse the "Software and player operation questions" section, I do not see the entry you refer to. However, it shows up when I use your URL. I'm not sure why.

- Chris

#195220 - 02/01/2004 17:06 Re: Enhancement idea for playlist navigation [Re: chrispitude]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't understand why that entry doesn't show up for you. It shows up for me, and is also in the list when I search for "last playlist". Although there are so many entries with hits for that word combination as to makes the search useless. Interestingly, it's even worse when I search for "go back to last playlist" as opposed to better, as I would have expected. It seems the FAQ search doesn't do a word-proximity-relevance search. Too bad.