Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#195530 - 31/12/2003 11:32 Dreamweaver and FTP server
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

I've managed to successfully get an FTP server runnin. Yippee!

But is it possible to change the interface? I'd like to make a page in Dreamweaver that people can browse instead of the standard Windows Explorer deal. Possible? Or am I stuck with Windows Explorer?

#195531 - 31/12/2003 12:25 Re: Dreamweaver and FTP server [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Client interface to an FTP site is totally dependent on the client software. You could set up a web page that contains links to your FTP server. Most web browsers, IIRC, will render html files if you click on them from within an FTP site, but there's not really any way to get the FTP client to go there automatically, unless you publish your link as ftp://ftp.example.com/index.html -- that is, as a link directly to the html file and not a directory.

#195532 - 31/12/2003 13:03 Re: Dreamweaver and FTP server [Re: wfaulk]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

I was going to publish the link on a page - just have a custom page that would then show the contents - just to keep it the same style as the rest of the page.

Oh well, I can't have everything I guess.

#195533 - 31/12/2003 13:16 Re: Dreamweaver and FTP server [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Well, you could create an HTML page hosted on the FTP site that looks the same, but you'd have to update it every time you updated the FTP contents, so you might as well just put it on the web site if you want to do that. There is absolutely no way for an FTP site to make its directory listing look any way other than how the client wants to show it, which I think is the brunt of your question.