Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#195991 - 04/01/2004 21:20 95 Saturn SC2 Install Finally DONE! (well, almost)
Caps
stranger

Loc: Arizona, USA
Well, it took me way too long to get everything installed and working. I got sick for a month, had to graduate college, and got distracted by other things. But after about 14 months, everything is in and fully functional. Even the factory AM/FM/Tape player. AND IT IS AMAZING!!!

I took some pictures of the empeg unit, as it is the only visible thing from the driver's seat. The amp's under the passenger seat, the active crossover is under the dash, the line level to line in device (or whatever it is called) to get the radio working is behind the empeg, the computer cooling fan is mounted under the empeg frame, and the 2-10" subs in custom boxes are mounted in the trunk. I also put in a bunch of soundproofing stuff throughout the car. The only thing I'm waiting for is the sub carpet to come, so I'll post some pictures when it is finished. And I need to paint the buttons on the empeg to match the factory ones, but that should be easy. Oh, and I might paint a small white empeg logo on the front of the device. It is never ending actually, but it is very close to perfect.

The powered crossover made a big difference in the sound volume that is possible now. I'd say it went from 60-70db to 85-95db. Plus it is much cleaner. Both the tremble and bass. The only problem is I can be driving down the road and can't hear any car noise, wind noise, or emergency sirens.

But, I look forward to driving long distances now. And when I'm in someone else’s car without an empeg, I wonder how they can live without one.

It feels like I just gave an acceptance speech after winning an Emmy award. So, I need to thank everybody who made the empeg mk2, Pioneer for making high quality and affordable audio equipment, monster cable for making great cable, Legacy crossovers for a great product, ebay for allowing me to find an empeg, and most importantly, everybody on this forum who helped a car audio novice install the BEST CAR AUDIO PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!

/queue orchestra music as camera zooms out on me holding up my empeg

Attachments
194935-empeg-sc2.jpg (144 downloads)

#195992 - 04/01/2004 22:52 Re: 95 Saturn SC2 Install Finally DONE! (well, almost) [Re: Caps]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Congrats on getting it installed it matches the rest of the console really well. Now don't leave it in the car and become another empeg theft victim.

Matt