Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#199120 - 18/01/2004 20:51 Dimmer Question
belezeebub
addict

I just installed my Empeg in a 1995 Blazer it works find except for the White wire that is supposed to Dim the display isn't doing its job.

my wireing hardness has 2 wires for dimmer both switch from 0 to 12V when the lights are on I have tried both connections on the empeg and can't get a dimmer.

First with the ligjhts off I set a dimmer amount then I switched the lights on and the amount was the same it didn't give me the option to select a differet setting.

Suggestions ??

one wire is orange the other is orange with a white strip ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#199121 - 18/01/2004 21:32 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: belezeebub]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Just change it. The empeg has no idea whether your car's dimmer line is logic high at 12V or at 0V, so it never presents you differing options labelled "lights off" and "lights on". It simply remembers 2 different values for the dimmer, one for each logic state.

#199122 - 18/01/2004 21:44 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: genixia]
belezeebub
addict

Tried that, but I'll go try it again
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#199123 - 19/01/2004 11:32 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Beelzebub: Your question is answered in a FAQ here. Please do FAQ searches before posting on the BBS.

#199124 - 19/01/2004 14:14 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: tfabris]
belezeebub
addict

I did read the FAQ before I posted I was hoping it wasn't the Cap issue I don't see even half good enough to atempt that level of soldering, I'll just live with the dimmer.

#199125 - 19/01/2004 14:48 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I did read the FAQ before I posted I was hoping it wasn't the Cap issue
I wasn't talking about the cap issue. The link I supplied covered a few different things related to the dimmer, the cap issue was only one of them.

The parts I wanted to you read were the ones about the correct dimmer setting procedure, and about what could be wrong if you don't even have a dimmer option on the screen. Neither of those are the cap problem.

#199126 - 20/01/2004 23:13 Re: Dimmer Question [Re: tfabris]
belezeebub
addict

I printer out the Dimmer faq and followed it step by step and line by line, before I posted.

On a lighter note I am pretty sure I found the problem one of the connectors inside the Empeg was not fully seated. I'll re-hook up the dimmer and see if it works now.