Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#203870 - 11/02/2004 11:44 megasquirt EFI, megaview and the Empeg?
alfaguy
new poster

I searched the archives and didn't see any mention of this. Megasquirt is an open source programmable EFI system that you build yourself.

There is an optional display called the megaview that allows you to view many engine parameters in real time while running and even make some basic changes through the interface, although most of the programming is done via a PC.

I was wondering (and thinking it would be way cool) if the Empeg could be used in place of the megaview display/interface.

Being an almost complete dummy when it comes to programming and getting different types of devices to talk to one another, I have no idea how difficult this would be or if it is even possible.

Here's a link ...

http://www.megasquirt.info/index.htm

Any thoughts?

#203871 - 11/02/2004 12:06 Re: megasquirt EFI, megaview and the Empeg? [Re: alfaguy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I was wondering (and thinking it would be way cool) if the Empeg could be used in place of the megaview display/interface.
If the megaview display/interface is connected via a standard RS-232 serial connection, then yes, it could theoretically be done if you wrote the proper software.

Being an almost complete dummy when it comes to programming...
Ah, well, then never mind.

#203872 - 11/02/2004 22:07 Re: megasquirt EFI, megaview and the Empeg? [Re: tfabris]
V99

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
It does look like it's serial.. Someday when I get to turbocharging my car I'll definitely take a look at this ECU.. extra cool stuff like this is why I got the 256x64 remote VFD

#203873 - 15/03/2004 10:59 Re: megasquirt EFI, megaview and the Empeg? [Re: V99]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
It's a nice little unit. I'm going to be putting one on a single-point injection setup in my Mini sometime soon. I bought the kit, now all I have to do is build it....
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015