Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#20716 - 18/10/2000 15:01 Tuner module availability (again)
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
So I've had my Empeg for over a month and while I absolutely LOVE it, I am feeling very detached from the "real" world.

With my Old head unit I used to tune into NPR or Howard Stern on my ride in. And of course let's not forget just plain old tuning into the regular old radio station to hear what's new!

How long until we can get the tuner module?

#20717 - 19/10/2000 07:57 Re: Tuner module availability (again) [Re: jwtadmin]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
I don't have any firm dates, but it's not looking good; the new tuner module is excellent, and works very well. The problem is, they (like us) have been suffering from component shortages and the lead times they're quoting are ridiculous (like 6 months). We're working on it.

Hugo

#20718 - 19/10/2000 10:02 Re: Tuner module availability (again) [Re: altman]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
In reply to:

the lead times they're quoting are ridiculous (like 6 months)

ehm ... eeeeeepppp ... Let's hope you find some way of shortening that. While I usually don't like the radio-shows around 10 AM (Does anybody here, Dutch folk that is, hate Wim Richters show on 3FM as much as I do ?) the traffic information (it always boils down to this) is kind of indispensable to me. You know what I would find very cool ? If people like you and Rob would make a diary like Alan Cox does here ... It should take no more then the time you put in a post here. Something so people can just get the latest little tidbits of info (hot of the press so to speak) about you guys and what you are working on. I know you guys are busy, but it might just help in a positive way since you would not always have to answer to general inquiries like this all the time. Don't get me wrong, it is great that you do, but this way these general things would be easily looked up by anyone interested leaving more room for you to answer to more complex questions.

Maybe I just like Alan's dry humor too much though ...

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#20719 - 19/10/2000 12:49 Re: Tuner module availability (again) [Re: altman]
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
Well I guess it's time to put up the dough for a Sony sports radio to plug into the aux port.

John