Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#208345 - 06/03/2004 22:16 4 Suggestions for the Karma software
drakino
carpal tunnel

Came up with these after using the Karma quite a bit last night:

1. Implement a long press action to get into the menus and restore your last place, similar to the long down press on the empeg when in Playlists to jump back to where you last were. Keep the ability to navigate back when doing this as well. This will please an iPod owning friend of mine greatly, who was eyeing my Karma last night.

2. When browsing the music/playlists, a press and hold action there to insert/append would be handy instead of having to always start this action from the Now and Next screen.

3. It would be nice to be able to create a playlist from the currently active playlist. This would allow me to do a quick playlist via the editing options on the Now and Next screen, then manage it further on my computer. The bookmarks are decent, but lack the changability on the computer.

4. Shuffle and Repeat options are a bit burried, expecially when wanting to activate repeat track quickly. Maybe add this to the menu popup via now and next?

#208346 - 06/03/2004 22:34 Re: 4 Suggestions for the Karma software [Re: drakino]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA

1. Implement a long press action to get into the menus and restore your last place...

Couldn't agree more.

2. When browsing the music/playlists, a press and hold action there to insert/append would be handy instead of having to always start this action from the Now and Next screen.

ditto to this one.

3. It would be nice to be able to create a playlist from the currently active playlist. This would allow me to do a quick playlist via the editing options on the Now and Next screen, then manage it further on my computer. The bookmarks are decent, but lack the changability on the computer.

This one's already there. Press and hold the wheel in the now & next screen, and choose "Make playlist"

4. Shuffle and Repeat options are a bit burried, expecially when wanting to activate repeat track quickly. Maybe add this to the menu popup via now and next?

I don't care where they add this as long as it's somehow more accesible than it is now.

#208347 - 07/03/2004 11:29 Re: 4 Suggestions for the Karma software [Re: adavidw]
drakino
carpal tunnel

This one's already there. Press and hold the wheel in the now & next screen, and choose "Make playlist"
Ahh, missed that one. So, change this suggestion to read "Add a Currently Pllaylist Playing to the options when building a playlist from the main menu option".