Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#208348 - 06/03/2004 22:23 2 bugs found in 1.41 firmware
drakino
carpal tunnel

Also found two bugs last night:

1. Have a running playlist with a few songs. When the current running song is just about over, hit the rio stick to the left to begin playing the same song again. If you do this just right at the end of the song (possibly in the silence detection area, this one did have 3 seconds of silence at the end), the Karma keeps the existing track hilighted like it should, but it is really playing the next track. Pressing back again leads the Karma to start over on the wronk track, but keep the correct one hilighted. Only fix I found was to power cycle the Karma, after that, it came back playing the proper song.

2. I had an active playlist of about 160 songs, and saved it as a bookmark. I just left the default name it picked based on the currently playing song. I then went to select a different album to play via playlists (and I did pick a choice from my hierarchal setup), and listened to that for a bit. Went to restore the bookmark, and instead of getting my 160 song playlist with the playback in the middle of a song, I got the 12 track selection I made after it, with the play position at the start of song 1.

#208349 - 06/03/2004 23:50 Re: 2 bugs found in 1.41 firmware [Re: drakino]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
2. I had an active playlist of about 160 songs, and saved it as a bookmark. I just left the default name it picked based on the currently playing song. I then went to select a different album to play via playlists (and I did pick a choice from my hierarchal setup), and listened to that for a bit. Went to restore the bookmark, and instead of getting my 160 song playlist with the playback in the middle of a song, I got the 12 track selection I made after it, with the play position at the start of song 1.
This sounds like the same behavior as I described in the other thread where my wife's Karma keeps loosing her Harry Potter bookmark,

#208350 - 07/03/2004 11:31 Re: 2 bugs found in 1.41 firmware [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Oh, and I know it doesn't officially support it, but just an FYI. The Create Playlist does not work with hierarchal playlists. It simply allows the selection of a top level playlist to add in. I'm sure thats due to the create playlist code being new and not from the empeg.

#208351 - 07/03/2004 18:50 Re: 2 bugs found in 1.41 firmware [Re: drakino]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

1. Have a running playlist with a few songs. When the current running song is just about over, hit the rio stick to the left to begin playing the same song again. If you do this just right at the end of the song (possibly in the silence detection area, this one did have 3 seconds of silence at the end), the Karma keeps the existing track hilighted like it should, but it is really playing the next track. Pressing back again leads the Karma to start over on the wronk track, but keep the correct one hilighted. Only fix I found was to power cycle the Karma, after that, it came back playing the proper song.

Interesting. For the first time on my Empeg, running 3.00a7, same thing happened. Not once, but twice. And I was NOT at the end of my playlist..
I hit the left button to listen to the song again, and the screen showed it playing the song I wanted, but it had actually gone on to the next song, and was playing that. I had to jump back ANOTHER track to get it sync'd back up. Was on two different songs, and I must have timed it RIGHT at the end of the song I was listening to..

Me.